Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators

To: Darrell Walker <darrellw360@mac.com> s=q20121106; t=1376414795; bh=h+UYN4GJJCKDTymq/c22WdNn5qnN/WlIsTSDREqpMog=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=aA79GmBGqZn/k2tshxYj27Aa0gE62+86b8tFtJeaokQo5bme3P8patKygH+e7jlRH 7LMuDtlrTKS6iLhXY1C9Rx9fwwtrgmJ6dlccv6h1aIJbrKnYpwuOvkxHf5aZOHEy9i rpfn970SYa9YbBiLVvU9/tlHwkhLefhFxzmQkXdmycJltKV/4lsqGPJ4UbMRdqKs1/ IF0/VvjT+NO414DPKoUHulFFXFvvdIO0qOHzpZBUt8q42pJ/tFQhJ+n9IhPKSnwewD GLnMK+w5UmDLc1yAH65wMgsMnA9V8ZjFKZMPZXUYcE7oBeRwMRjZabuKCFYNSpT/GR tEwkVUwHjwv2g==
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:26:35 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> From: "Darrell Walker" <darrellw360@mac.com>

> Just one data point (well two, as I have two openers), several years
> ago I
> put a CF bulb in my garage door opener, as I didn't have a regular
> bulb. I
> expected it to fail quickly, but when it didn't, I replaced all of
> them (each
> opener has two). They have been going fine for at least five years.

Where do you live?  Here in Minnesota it gets too cold for CF bulbs to start
reliably.

> Incandescent bulbs, even rough service, tended to
> last
> less than a year.

I must have gotten a good one, then.  It had been in there for over a decade.

At a couple of bucks a pop for rough-service bulbs, I'm sticking with them.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier@comcast.net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier