Re: [Shop-talk] Alternative kitchen countertops?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Alternative kitchen countertops?
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:54:25 -0500
I'll put my vote in for Quartz, specifically the new LG Viatera that Home
Depot carries.  Many attractive varieties not including what's in the store,
super smooth surface, non-porous, anti-microbial, heat resistant... and there
there were some promotions that really helped knock off  hundreds of dollars
from the new cabinets and countertops.  There were two price points $44/sq. ft
for ours, and ~$90/sq. ft. I think, so it can be somewhat affordable.
We should be getting ours installed on Tuesday, though the wait has been
longer than normal.