[Shop-talk] Can steel cable be welded?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Can steel cable be welded?
From: parkanzky at gmail.com (Paul Parkanzky)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:14:04 -0500
Can you just wrap the cable around something small and secure it so that
you've effectively shortened it an inch without removing any cable?  I'm
thinking you'd wrap it around a small bolt with a nut and two large washers
on it.  Tighten it down so that it stays on there and you won't have
impacted the strength of the cable much.

-Paul