Re: [Shop-talk] Can steel cable be welded?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Can steel cable be welded?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:34:41 -0500
I was thinking along these lines as well.  But my solution it to make a
small loop with the cable, push the loop through a nut, then place a small
nail in the loop to prevent it from pulling back out.  You can cover the
whole mess with tape or something so it wouldn't stick out too much.

Just a guess.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
01/19/2012 19:32

David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Can steel cable be welded?

Can you just wrap the cable around something small and secure it so that
you've effectively shortened it an inch without removing any cable?  I'm
thinking you'd wrap it around a small bolt with a nut and two large
washers
on it.  Tighten it down so that it stays on there and you won't have
impacted the strength of the cable much.

-Paul