[Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316

Subject: [Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316
From: pj_thomas at comcast.net (Peter J. Thomas)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:47:13 -0400
On 9/16/2011 12:55 PM, Randall wrote:
>> All I could find was various
>> combinations of P030x and P0316 but nothing specific about
>> P0316.
> According to the manual I found at
>
> http://www.scribd.com/doc/14896052/2002-Explorer-DTC-PCode-Engine-Computer-C
> ontrol-System-Diagnosis
>
> P0316 is always thrown in combination with another P03xx code indicating
> which cylinder misfired.  That manual is for a Explorer, but under OBD-II
> most of the codes have common definitions.
>
>>> It's your friend but not mine.
> Comments like that always baffle me.  I put in "p0316" and got 47,000 hits.
> Scrolled down to the 6th hit, which showed the text "P0316 is an engine
> misfire in the first 1000 revelations. See link, Page 39" right in Google.
> Then clicked on the Google link and scrolled down to the "see link", which
> took me to the manual above.  Took less time than it took me to type this
> post.

Google uses algorithms to sort it's hits by priority.  The first time a
search is issued the results are pretty random.  Google then remembers
which results are visited and priorities those hits for future searches.
Could be that I and others on this list that search taught Google what
P0316 is and you got a better result.

Peter T.