[Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316

Subject: [Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:55:39 -0700
> All I could find was various
> combinations of P030x and P0316 but nothing specific about
> P0316.

According to the manual I found at

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14896052/2002-Explorer-DTC-PCode-Engine-Computer-C
ontrol-System-Diagnosis

P0316 is always thrown in combination with another P03xx code indicating
which cylinder misfired.  That manual is for a Explorer, but under OBD-II
most of the codes have common definitions.

> > It's your friend but not mine.

Comments like that always baffle me.  I put in "p0316" and got 47,000 hits.
Scrolled down to the 6th hit, which showed the text "P0316 is an engine
misfire in the first 1000 revelations. See link, Page 39" right in Google.
Then clicked on the Google link and scrolled down to the "see link", which
took me to the manual above.  Took less time than it took me to type this
post.

-- Randall