[Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316

Subject: [Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316
From: pj_thomas at comcast.net (Peter J. Thomas)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:08:04 -0400
After Irene and hitting some big puddles my 2002 Taurus started
misfiring.  I get p0303 code which is a misfire on cylinder 3.  I've
already replaced the air filter which was wet; probably got water during
the storm or just so humid the filter just wicked it up.  I'm thinking
(hoping) that the damp filter fouled the plugs.  100K so they need to be
replaced anyway.  Also changing the rodent chewed wires.  Going to do
this Saturday.  If that does not fix it, coil pack.

The question is I get P0303 which I know is misfire on cylinder 3.  But
I also got a P0316 once.  I can't seem to find out what this code means.

Peter T