Re: [Shop-talk] The biggest challenge yet (shop related)

To: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The biggest challenge yet (shop related)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:47:25 -0500
Well we have a winner for funniest solution!  8>)

I do delivery to the campground, the problem is that they also sell
firewood (at a premium) so they don't like me there.  8>)  Believe it or
not, I'm try to work with them to get an ad on every campsite for my
service.  (they only sell wood when the rangers are there, I'd be "after
hours" wood sale.)

But I thought it would be great to have the "self service" option as well
so when I'm not around, people could still get wood.

BTW, my dog (and all my other dogs) have always been sweethearts, UNTIL
they were challenged or threaten.  My last dog (a husky) was 12 years old
when he almost killed a 5 year old pitt bull who ran at him.

I already have size 13 boots (my size) and the 'guns and ammo' mag
subscription as well (it's free for one year to vets.)  8>)  But I never
run out of shotgun shells, or .45 cal ammo for that matter. 8>)

Moose
Waldo Emerson

"Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
11/22/2010 09:35

"shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <eric@megageek.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] The biggest challenge yet  (shop related)

My ideas:
1) since you are located close to the campground can you offer delivery
service? Drive though the campground a couple of times/day (late afternoon
&
early evening would likely be the best) like the ice cream vendor. If it's
not too far of a drive a farm tractor & trailer could be your delivery
method.

B) a self service/honor system set up closer to the house with a
combination
of "high tech" security camera (dummy camera with flashing LED light from
Harbor Freight for $5.99
http://www.harborfreight.com/dummy-security-camera-94030.html) & "low
tech"
Redneck security system:

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work
boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo
magazine
and your NRA magazines.

3. Put a few giant-sized dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

"Hey Bubba, I went for more ammunition. Be back soon.
P.S. Don't let Fido out - he keeps going after the neighbor's
Rottweilers."

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell