Re: [Shop-talk] The biggest challenge yet (shop related)

To: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The biggest challenge yet (shop related)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:53:22 -0500
Thanks for sending that.  I have to say, WOW, I need to be a full time
inventor.  That machine is weak at best.  It's HUGE for such a small
dispenser.  Plus, at the end of the video, you can see it's mostly empty
space inside.  (it seems only the middle holds wood in the 'stack'.)  The
drawer is a bad idea (it looks about as strong as a file cabinet drawer.)

I would make stretched steal framed cages, so you can see the wood, each
with a separate door.  Each door opens for it's space only.  This way
people can see the wood, and you can tell when you need to "refill" it at
a quick glance.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.  I think I may have to bite the
bullet and just have the sign by the road and put the wood near the house.

What would be the best, is to have a camera and monitor so that people can
SEE they are on camera.  8>)

Moose
Waldo Emerson

"Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
11/22/2010 08:41

<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc
<eric@megageek.com>
Subject
RE: [Shop-talk] The biggest challenge yet  (shop related)

Eric,

I know that this doesn't work for your application, but there are a few
companies out there that make vending machines for bundled campfire wood.
hear that there's a machine at a state park near here (Brighton, MI).

Here's an example (You can find videos of other models on YouTube with a
search):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-Loea4Inw&feature=related

Sorry that it's not applicable to your situation, but I thought that it
was
too cool not to pass along.

-Paul