[Top] [All Lists]

[Shop-talk] Funny wrench request

To: "'Shop Talk'" <>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
From: "Randall" <>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:16:53 -0700
A 'normal' box-end wrench generally has the handle attached at the top of
the box section, so that some fraction of the wrench sticks out like a
socket does.  Eg, the RH side of

What I'm looking for is a ratcheting wrench that has a similar offset.
Anyone know of something like that?

The situation is a nut on a stud, with only about 1/2" clearance from the
end of the stud to a nearby frame member.  The nut holds a flanged plate,
where the flange sticks up to cover about 2/3 of the nut, so an ordinary
"flat" GearWrench doesn't get a very good grip.  An ordinary box end wrench
will work, but is somewhat tedious ... Ok, I'm getting lazy in my old age!

So far, this is all I've come up with:
which would do, but I'm hoping the listerati will know of some alternatives.

-- Randall 
Suggested annual donation  $12.96

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>