[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request

To: "Randall" <>, "Shop Talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
From: "Greg Gelhar" <>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:52:28 -0500

I've got a set of these like Ebay Item number: 280457849471 

Would that suit your pupose?

Greg Gelhar 
Osseo, MN

> Subject: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
> A 'normal' box-end wrench generally has the handle attached at the top of
> the box section, so that some fraction of the wrench sticks out like a
> socket does.  Eg, the RH side of
> What I'm looking for is a ratcheting wrench that has a similar offset.
> Anyone know of something like that?
> The situation is a nut on a stud, with only about 1/2" clearance from the
> end of the stud to a nearby frame member.  The nut holds a flanged plate,
> where the flange sticks up to cover about 2/3 of the nut, so an ordinary
> "flat" GearWrench doesn't get a very good grip.  An ordinary box end
> will work, but is somewhat tedious ... Ok, I'm getting lazy in my old age!
> So far, this is all I've come up with:
> which would do, but I'm hoping the listerati will know of some
> -- Randall 
Suggested annual donation  $12.96

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>