[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request

To: Randall <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
From: David Scheidt <>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 19:54:06 -0400
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Randall <> wrote:
> A 'normal' box-end wrench generally has the handle attached at the top of
> the box section, so that some fraction of the wrench sticks out like a
> socket does. B Eg, the RH side of
> What I'm looking for is a ratcheting wrench that has a similar offset.
> Anyone know of something like that?
> The situation is a nut on a stud, with only about 1/2" clearance from the
> end of the stud to a nearby frame member. B The nut holds a flanged plate,
> where the flange sticks up to cover about 2/3 of the nut, so an ordinary
> "flat" GearWrench doesn't get a very good grip. B An ordinary box end
> will work, but is somewhat tedious ... Ok, I'm getting lazy in my old age!
> So far, this is all I've come up with:
> which would do, but I'm hoping the listerati will know of some


(Wrench, Ratcheting box, 25 degree offset)


Wrench, Combination, Flank Drive Plus, Ratcheting Box

Sears sell equivalents, but it's easier to find things on snap-on's
site, since I know part numbers...

David Scheidt
Suggested annual donation  $12.96

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>