[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request

To: Randall <>, 'Shop Talk'
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
From: Steven Trovato <>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 19:54:11 -0400
IIRC, there are gearwrenches that you flip over to tighten or loosen 
the fastener.  These are flat.  Then there are the kind that have a 
reverse lever like a regular ratchet wrench.  These, I think, are 
somewhat offset like a "normal' box-end wrench.  I take it you have 
the first kind.  Perhaps the second kind would be what you want?

-Steve Trovato

At 06:16 PM 5/20/2010, Randall wrote:
>A 'normal' box-end wrench generally has the handle attached at the top of
>the box section, so that some fraction of the wrench sticks out like a
>socket does.  Eg, the RH side of
>What I'm looking for is a ratcheting wrench that has a similar offset.
>Anyone know of something like that?
>The situation is a nut on a stud, with only about 1/2" clearance from the
>end of the stud to a nearby frame member.  The nut holds a flanged plate,
>where the flange sticks up to cover about 2/3 of the nut, so an ordinary
>"flat" GearWrench doesn't get a very good grip.  An ordinary box end wrench
>will work, but is somewhat tedious ... Ok, I'm getting lazy in my old age!
>So far, this is all I've come up with:
>which would do, but I'm hoping the listerati will know of some alternatives.
>-- Randall
>Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Suggested annual donation  $12.96

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>