Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?

To: "'Doug Braun'" <doug@dougbraun.com>, "'Jim Franklin'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?
From: "Paul Mele" <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:19:41 -0500
I have a similar add-on gadget on the washing machine (clothes) for the same
reason
I made a drip pan out of galv sheet metal to put under the washer.

PM

============
Keep this in mind when trying to maintain older dishwashers:  The cost of
dealing with the results of a water leak can greatly exceed the price of a
new dishwasher.

The year before last, our mediocre GE dishwasher decided to spew a couple of
hundred gallons of water down into our finished basement.  After replacing
the flooring and ceiling, we bought a fancy high-end dishwasher that has a
drip pan and leak detector circuit that shuts off the water if leakage is
detected.  In addition, whenever the dishwasher is not actually filling, a
solenoid valve at the far end of the hose (where it is connected to the
plumbing) is closed, preventing the risk of flooding from a failed hose.

Doug