Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?

To: "'Jim Franklin'" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, "'Shop Talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:12:05 -0800
Jim,

I'm not familiar with "A + B".  I use "JB Weld" (the slow curing variety),
which seems to outperform everything else I've tried.  And IMO it would
probably not hold in your application unless you can find something stronger
to form the splines (like perhaps steel wire) and use the epoxy just to hold
it together.  Epoxy makes a strong bond between parts that fit snugly, but
has little strength of it's own.

Also, epoxy does have a limited shelf life.  For a one-shot deal, I wouldn't
bother even trying 15 year old epoxy (which I assume was your question).

Is there any way you could pin the plastic shaft to the motor shaft ?

Randall