Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:13:42 -0600
Jim,

Is there room to put something like a hose clamp around the area where
the splines are missing? If so, cut a couple slots in the outside part,
then find a clamp that fits the O.D. of the plastic part. Assemble and
tighten the clamp. Hose clamps will probably not work because the screw
part of the clamp will throw the balance off. There are crimp type
clamps like what are used on CV joint boots that you may be able to find
a small version of. If not, machine a split aluminum or stainless ring
that will fit around the joint, cut a slot in it then drill & tap a hole
across the split for a pinch bolt.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jim Franklin, On 1/25/2009 11:57 AM:

--
---
Pat Horne                              512.797.7501