Re: [Shop-talk] Engine swaps; 350 SBC donor cars.

To: "John Innis" <jdinnis@gmail.com>,shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Engine swaps; 350 SBC donor cars.
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:11:44 -0800
At 10:26 PM 12/22/2008 -0600, John Innis wrote:
>  I hate to say bad
>things about the company that brought us the 4.2 L Series II E-Type,
>but I hate the 5.3 HE motor.

Uh, that's the ugly one with emissions controls that they ruined when
they had to meet federal standards.  I think most Jaguar enthusiasts
prefer the Series l.

Although I'd like to think I'm a puri$t, sometimes it isn't worth it.  If
someone is trying to get another couple of years out of a nice Jag
by swapping engines it's been done before and it'll be done a few
more times.  But it's not a Jaguar anymore.