Re: [Shop-talk] Engine swaps; 350 SBC donor cars.

To: "'Paul Mele'" <paul.mele@usermail.com>, "'John Miller'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Engine swaps; 350 SBC donor cars.
From: "Ben Zwissler" <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:00:12 -0500
Paul,

Not sure where you are, but if in California or states with similar rules,
you must swap an engine in that is the same or newer model year of your
vehicle (so you've got the right idea there) and it must have "all" the
required emissions equipment swapped with it and/or hooked up to your
existing emissions equipment.  You have to get an inspection and approval
letter from the appropriate agency for the swap and show that at your
annual/biannual inspection.  You must pass the tailpipe test, but that alone
is not sufficient to comply.  Before you finalize your choice, you may want
to talk with the inspection folks to see what all they'll require.

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler@gmail.com
Columbus, IN
1966 TR-4A IRS