Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:29:52 -0800 (PST)
We bought a TomTom 910 (?) for our roadtrip to Europe.  It was great; we drove
2500 miles without getting lost, or even really understanding all the roadsigns
(take that as you will.... ;)
We had only 2 minor glitches: in Italy, it once put us in a .5 mile loop (we
figured it out on the 3rd go-around), and in Switzerland, it directed us up a
goatpath.  Otherwise, the maps were very accurate.
Back at home, the newer subdivisions are not mapped, although there is now an
option to allow you to add your own map data or grab other users data.
We liked it enough that I bought their PDA software to run on my cell phone;
it's always with me now.
The big drawback is that these are pretty much made for driving.  They don't
seem very friendly for walk-around use, and I can't seem to get gps
co-ordinates (easily) out of mine.