Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:38:11 +0300
One note about GPS, you may want to wait a little bit if you haven't
bought one yet.

Before I left, I added a Google app to my gps enabled cell phone.  It used
GoogleMaps and satellite overlays for the map.  It was GREAT!

One of the thing that google has that neither TomTom or Garmin has (unless
you pay extra) is the live traffic flow.

I'm not 100% sure, but I was told that the data comes from a company that
monitors the flow of cell phones on highways.  When the cell phones all
slow down, they know the road is congested.

check it out on your PC.  It was amazing on my cell phone and it helped me
beat my buddy to NYC one day when we wanted to head out for a show.  (I
saw the traffic jam on the highway and was able to avoid it.)

(I can't send a link as the internet is REAL slow here and I can't find
it.)

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.