Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?

To: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:17:37 -0600
I'd LOVE to have a 496, or whatever the latest model with the XM weather,
etc. is.  But that's 10X my budget  :-(

Actually what I like best about the 60C is using it in the air.  I've
manually input all the little airports for a couple of hundred miles
around - no Jeppesen database for that model.  I don't really use it for
navigation very often (sectionals are fine), but having accurate groundspeed
info is great.  And I get lots of kidding from the guys at fly-ins if I have
a GPS suction-cupped to the Stearman's windshield.  Just not in keeping with
that 1940 ambience.

Karl