Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:55:32 -0500
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Karl Vacek <kvacek@ameritech.net> wrote:

> Yes, Dave, I see that you're right.  in fact that main Wikipedia article has
> only about 2 sentences.  I'm not a big WIkipedia user, and didn't note that
> the links were marked as "external".  But the external article that the
> Wikipedia article links to does indeed carry the quote that I copied from it
> - I didn't write it.

No, I wasn't claiming you'd written it.  But it's on the website of
someone in business of selling grounding solutions.  Since a Ufer
ground costs very nearly nothing to install when pouring concrete
(only labor costs of making sure the rebar or mesh are connected
properly), requires  roughly zero maintance, and works remarkably
well, it's within the realm of possibility that they're not entirely
unbiased.  (Of course, it's really amazingly expensive to retrofit
one. )

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com