Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question

To: <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 04:27:23 -0600
Yes, Frank, it IS wrong to tie the neutral and ground together in the barn.
That's what I've been referred to as bonding.  The article to which I
previously sent you a link explains why, more plainly and in fewer words than
I'd use.  Here it is again:
http://members.tripod.com/~masterslic/FAQ-2/18.html

Karl

        Nope, I did not carry the ground from the house out to the barn.  It
makes sense what your saying about the UFer not doing its job.

        Is it wrong to tie the neutral and ground together at the subpanel in
the barn, even though they are tied together in the main panel at the house?

        Thanks for your help.

        Frank V.
        rustymetal@sbcglobal.net