Re: [Shop-talk] Air Hose Reel

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air Hose Reel
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:05:04 -0400
My father in law has one in his (glorious) shop.  I've used it quite a
bit and I haven't experienced the hose retracting when I didn't want
it to.  We just pull out an extra few feet and find a locking point
and it stays there until we give it a good tug and it reels back in.
This is great compared to the 100' oxygen/acetylene hose that always
end up in a big pile next to the tanks when we're done using them.
I'll probably try to find him a reel for that for Christmas this year.

A couple things I've noticed since doing a bit more research.
Amazon.com has the 100ft version of the Levelwind for $120 with free
shipping.  This sounds like a great deal to me, but I notice that the
hose on all of these Legacy reels is PVC, which I think is what gets
stiff in the winter.  Will I regret not finding one with rubber hose?
I hope to have my garage heated by the next winter, but that project
could slip if the budget doesn't allow it.

-Paul