Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman impact set and Suburban issues

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman impact set and Suburban issues
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:13:59 -0500
On Nov 28, 2007 3:57 PM, Karl Vacek <kvacek@ameritech.net> wrote:

> Our '94 GT and '99 Cobra Mustangs have ABS, and while I still could stop
> faster without worrying about the ABS, at least they give some pedal
> feedback and it's easier to recognize that the brakes have released.  Far
> better system.
>
> It may be the recommended technique, but I refuse to cultivate the reaction
> to blindly stomp down on the brake pedal after the ABS decides it's time to
> release.  How about just letting up on the brakes a bit when you sense
> slippage?

The computer can do it a whole hell of a lot faster than you can, and
can do it one wheel at a time.
I very much doubt you can stop faster than good ABS.  (I don't think
GMs early ABS systems were very good, though.  For one thing, they're
only a three channel system, as i recall.  The rear axle is modulated
both sides together, instead of at each wheel.)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com