Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman impact set and Suburban issues

To: "'shoptalk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman impact set and Suburban issues
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:33:06 -0800
> It feels as if I released the brakes.

My GM ABS acts nothing like that (95 Buick Roadmaster wagon).  It takes a
whole lot of pedal to get into the ABS, and then the off/on cycle is very
short.

Got into it just today, when a Jimmy ran a stop sign and startled me.
Stomped the pedal with every intention of locking them up, but only got a
little chirp before it felt like the whole car jumped about 6" then stopped
short.  Granted I wasn't going very fast but it only moved a few feet
between when the brakes grabbed and when it stopped.  Stayed out of the
Jimmy's way, too.

Last time I was towing a Sports 6 on the club trailer (single axle, no
brakes) on I-5 when someone cut me off and stopped.  High frequency
vibration, much faster than a flat tire (but otherwise similar).  And from
my previous experiences towing with wagons without ABS, I have no doubt it
stopped me faster than I could have by myself (at least with that trailer
shoving me down the road).

Randall