Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:24:27 -0700
> Well the weight limit on the trailer and the tow vehicle was
> at the limit, and when the tire blew, the trailer started "wagging".

Thanks for the explanation, Tim.

> The fact that cars were riding next to the trailer and naturally
> tailgating it just added to the problem.

Way I see it, anyone that is following my trailer too close deserves
whatever they get.  As someone once said "What'sa behind me isa not
important !" <G>

> (so the car was moved farther up on
> the trailer to increase the tongue weight).

And that's the big secret, IMO.  Have to get the tongue weight up where it
belongs, or keep the speed under 50 mph.  Which is why U-crawl has "45 mph"
blazoned all over their trailers.

Randall