Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 03:54:08 -0700
Quoth Mullen, Tim
> Nothing like
> experiencing a blow out of a tire on a loaded single axle
> trailer at 65 MPH on the freeway in heavy traffic

Just curious, Tim, what happened ?  I've had blowouts several times now on
single-axle trailers with very little drama.  Happened to Dad once when I
was a teenager and I had to tell him about the tire smoke chasing us down
the highway.  Last time it happened to me, the biggest drama was whether my
out-weighed tow vehicle had enough traction to pull the trailer through the
gravel median to a safe place to change it.

Falls into the same category as all those people who managed to flip their
Ford Explorers when the Firestones gave out.  I just don't understand the
problem.

Randall