Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:11:59 -0400
That story depends a great deal on the trailer, the load, and the laws of
the state.

Many a dual axle trailer will end up with the remaining tire jammed into the
fender.  Has to do with that center bogie most of them use, and the amount
of movement that comes from placing all the load on one axle.

Many dual axle trailers use light weight axles and low rated tires, counting
on the combined pieces to have enough capacity.  Running it on one axle can
easily overload the remaining tire and axle assembly.

Many states would bust you for trying it, and impound the trailer.
Especially if you were still running a tire on the other side of the axle.