Re: [Shop-talk] Of mice and...Jeeps!

To: Malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Of mice and...Jeeps!
From: ScottyGrover@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:39:09 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/2007 4:25:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
malaboge@aol.com writes:

Oh I  hate them meeses to pieces...

So, I didn't drive the Jeep for two  weeks. The mice moved in and squatted
(literally) under the hood.? After  moving in an appropriate amount of pine
needles to make a comfy pad, hanging a  few pictures of mom, dad and uncle
Mickey,
they proceeded to have a hootenany  on the motor.

After cleaning out the detritus I found they had gnawed  thru the electrical
wires to the number 5 fuel injector.? Of course I didn't  know the occupation
had occurred before I started the Jeep to be on my merrry  way.?At first
thought I figured it must be time for new plugs, kinda soon tho,  as it ran on
five
cylinders only.? After a few minutes of listening to the  lope I figured I
better look.

SO, now the big question!? Does anyone  have knowledge about the "brains" of
a '98 Cherokee 6 cyl? Since I ran it for  approx 5 minutes, did I fry
something? After I soldered the wires back  together, I have voltage but no
signal for
that cyl to fire the injector.?Does  the "brain" have separate components for
each injector, or is it one big unit  with some sort of variable switching
mechanism??At this point all the other  injectors are receiving a pulse signal
except for the "flawed and gnawed"  number 5. If its 6 different components, I
coulda fried one, but if its just  one "deep thought" I will have to look
elsewhere.

Whatever happened to  carbs and points.....
????????????????????? Nick in Nor  Cal

"But mousie, thou art no' thy lane in proving foresicht may be vain; the
best-laid plans o' mice and men gang aft agley an' bring us nought but sorrow
an' pain for promised joy"
Robert Burns