[Shop-talk] Of mice and...Jeeps!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Of mice and...Jeeps!
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:24:34 -0400
Oh I hate them meeses to pieces...

So, I didn't drive the Jeep for two weeks. The mice moved in and squatted
(literally) under the hood.? After moving in an appropriate amount of pine
needles to make a comfy pad, hanging a few pictures of mom, dad and uncle
Mickey, they proceeded to have a hootenany on the motor.

After cleaning out the detritus I found they had gnawed thru the electrical
wires to the number 5 fuel injector.? Of course I didn't know the occupation
had occurred before I started the Jeep to be on my merrry way.?At first thought
I figured it must be time for new plugs, kinda soon tho, as it ran on five
cylinders only.? After a few minutes of listening to the lope I figured I
better look.

SO, now the big question!? Does anyone have knowledge about the "brains" of a
'98 Cherokee 6 cyl? Since I ran it for approx 5 minutes, did I fry something?
After I soldered the wires back together, I have voltage but no signal for that
cyl to fire the injector.?Does the "brain" have separate components for each
injector, or is it one big unit with some sort of variable switching
mechanism??At this point all the other injectors are receiving a pulse signal
except for the "flawed and gnawed" number 5. If its 6 different components, I
coulda fried one, but if its just one "deep thought" I will have to look
elsewhere.

Whatever happened to carbs and points.....
????????????????????? Nick in Nor Cal