RE: Compact fluorescent light bulbs in a drop light

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Compact fluorescent light bulbs in a drop light
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:28:00 -0400
Peter Schauss wrote:

> Has anyone tried one of the new compact fluorescent light
> bulbs in a standard drop light?

I got tired of my light bulbs breaking if I even looked
crooked at the bulb in my drop light - even the "Heavy
Duty Unbreakable/Rough Duty" ones would break easily.
The average bulb lasted about 5 uses before a bump would
break it.

I had bought a couple of CFLs to see how they worked,
and figured "What the heck?" and put one in the drop
light.

It's been in there for a couple of years now, and I've
had no problems with it.  As others have pointed out,
they don't get very hot, so that's a welcome change too.

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA