Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>, Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:54:02 -0800
   When my lift was "supposed" to be delivered, they told me the
driver would unload for me onto the driveway.

  Due to a shipping issue the lift was delayed and on Thursday night
I spoke with the shipper who said he would deliver it on Tuesday (3
day weekend), I asked if I could go pick it up with my trailer and he
said yes, I went and picked it up with my trailer.  When I got there,
he was surprised that my lift company had told me they would unload,
he said they would never allow their driver to even help and no way
would the driver have waited for me to unload it one part at a time,
the driver would just have left with my lift and come back another day.

  Putting it on the trailer made bringing it home easy, backed it
right into the garage and lifted using the chain hoist.  Wifey and I
put it together on Friday using combination chain hoist and engine
hoist and Saturday were lifting cars.  Not a job I look forward to
ever doing again but not too bad also.

  So be careful about shipping, the story from the lift company and
what will really allow is not always the same.

        mike

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer       mikey@b2systems.com
http://www.dinospider.com/  all about the ULTIMATE ALMOST a Ferrari