Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:34:16 -0800
> are garbage, just that they are meant more for storage than work. FWIW, I
> have never seen a 4 post lift in a service station, yet, I have also not
> seen one withOUT at least one 2 post lift. Again, not a flame, YMMV. Inch

Most exhaust shops I've seen have 4-post lifts, they'll have a couple
2-post lifts too, but you don't dare route exhaust pipes with the
suspension at full droop lest you find they've just become the
suspension when you lower the car back onto its wheels.

I agree with your general perceptions, but those of us who want a lift
for service but *need* a lift for parking and have only a
household-garage footprint to work with have to accept the 4-post
compromise.

John.