Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:11:45 -0600
Resending from correct account-

My dad has 2 four post lifts and delivery wasn't a problem.  He got them at
different times (forget what brands).
Rented a big box truck (24'-28') with a lift gate (didn't need one that big,
just needed the lift gate).  Have unit shipped to local trucking depot, have
them forklift it into the truck (block the wheels on a rental truck, don't
trust the e-brake or anything else on a rental.  Ask me and the forklift
driver how we know).
When I got it home we just unpackaged it in the truck and then moved it piece
by piece onto the lift gate and then into the garage for assembly, just 2
average size out of shape guys.
IIRC basic assembly of the second lift was only a few hours from pulling the
truck into the drive until putting a car on it, since we had a clue what we
were doing.

Matt Wehland