Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:41:53 -0600
John,

I've used this method to check out the wiring on homes we build for
Habitat for Humanity and it works great. We don't leave it on longer
than needed because we can't be sure someone won't mess with the breaker
panel and get shocked. This type of connection is not legal because it
relies on a biological controller (human) to make sure that the breakers
and connections are handled correctly,something the code does not allow.
A generator transfer switch or plugs and sockets are the only means of
being legal that I can think of.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake John T. Blair:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001