Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections

To: Preston Smith <prbasmith@gmail.com>, Shop-Talk List
Subject: Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:14:17 -0500
OK, I have NO idea if this would work, but it's just a suggestion.

If you have you generator plugged into your panel, wouldn't just flipping
the main breaker prevent it from back feeding up the line?

My idea would be to shut off devices you don't need, flip the main breaker
off, and then feed the generator into the downstream side of the panel.
That way, all your outlets are "hot" and you can used what you need without
having to run cords or other expensive wiring.

Again, this may be illegal or dangerous.  Could someone please provide
feedback on it?

Inch

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos