RE: chain saw rec/saws to avoid?

To: <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: RE: chain saw rec/saws to avoid?
From: "Ron Schmittou" <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:46:46 -0500
Just curious on the list wisdom of emptying the tank and then running
the carb dry before storage.  I use to always do this, but last couple
of years have gotten lazy, and this past weekend pulled the old
McCullough saw out and it starts and idles, but won't run when you pull
the throttle - Time to clean out the carb I guess.

Ron

-----

 I have a one acre lot in SoCal with a variety of trees, a couple
> fireplaces, but this is not a farm. It probably would hang on the wall
for
> months at a time, so one that will start reliably between long periods
of
> storage would be good. Thanks for any experience or advice you could
share.

If you always use good synthetic oil (Redline Allsport is what I use)
and fuel preservative you'll have the best chance of having it start
when you need it.