Re: chain saw rec/saws to avoid?

To: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: chain saw rec/saws to avoid?
From: Mark Sansouci <msansouc@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:14:21 -0400
As eric said, stihls are good saws.  I have had jonsered for years, they
are made in the same factory as husquvarna.  All three are good saws,
and a new saw will have the safety features you want.  I second the
recommendation to get boot, chaps, etc.  These things are handy AND
dangerous.  Avoid craftsman, poulan and any other discount store brand.
My best advice:

Go to the dealers in your area that stock the above three brands.  Ask
lots of questions, look around, ask your neighbors.  I would choose the
best dealer and buy whatever brand he sells.  You will need service and
support and it makes a difference.  I have always owned jonsered, but my
local stihl dealer is great.  If I ever wear this on out, (doubtful) I
will probably buy stihl

Mark