How the h*ll do you load a grease gun?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: How the h*ll do you load a grease gun?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 19:31:52 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Ok, this is a bit embarrasing but...

How in the everloving hell do you load a grease gun?

Grease cartridge.  Lever action grease gun.

It worked for a short while (maybe ten shots of grease), then stopped,
with the lever having no resistance.  There's a plunger style thing on the
bottom of the gun.  Near as I can tell, that's there to make you think you
can use it for something, but in reality it doesn't do anything.  Moving
it in and out there's no resistance, nothing.

Seems like I need to do this once every 15 years.  And I have a dim
recollection that it sucked to do the last time too.  But I don't have any
idea what the heck I did.

Help!

Mark