Re: How the h*ll do you load a grease gun?

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: How the h*ll do you load a grease gun?
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:25:59 -0500
Before I had guns that took cartridges I replaced the 1/8" plug on my
grease gun with a zerk fitting. Then I took the grease gun down to the
local full service gas station and had them fill the gun up with their
pressurized grease gun. They generally didn't even charge me for the
grease because I used them for inspections, tire repair and some fuel.
Just make sure that you don't overfill the gun this way, the gun has a
great tendency to blow out the seal on the piston!

Peace,
Pat

Randall wrote:

>>We got it in five gallon
>>pails.  Manually filling grease guns from those is a REAL pain.  Messy as
>>all get out, too.  Never enough rags to clean up that mess.
>>

>BTDT ... soon as I found one, I bought a pump that clamps on top of the pail,
>and has a fitting for that funny thing on the top of the grease gun. Makes it
>much less messy to fill.
>
>Any decent tractor supply should have them.
>
>Randall

-
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --