Re: pouring a new concrete garage floor

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: pouring a new concrete garage floor
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:29:41 -0700
> > I put a grate that runs the distance in front of the door.  It's tied
> > into the floor drain.  (the floor drain is 6" sch 40)
>
> This is the part where I'm not sure what to do...  There's no existing
> drain and I'm not sure where I could drain it to anyway.  I guess I could
> go inside the house to the sump pump without too much difficulty though.

If this is an issue you could consider adding a second sump in the garage
and a second sump pump.  The pump is cheap enough and the sump can be as
simple as breaking up a bit of the old slab and sticking a small trash can
stuck in.

If you are going to the trouble of doing all this I would recommend doing
something about the water now, while it's relatively easy.

Mark Miller