Re: pouring a new concrete garage floor

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: pouring a new concrete garage floor
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:45:22 -0400
You have some serious problem with your floor base and should correct
those before you throw concrete on it, or you may end up with the same
problems in new concrete. It won't take too long or cost too much to
jackhammer out the old floor and see what is going on below. Build up a
good base to the height you need with tamped dirt and stone. And if you
really want a stable slab, any concrete contractor worth his float can
tie steel reinforcement in to your foundation.

Jon