Another hare brained idea

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another hare brained idea
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:48:25 -0400
Another crazy question...
I needed to make an elevator for my new shop.  Mostly
to lift equipment to the upper level.

I see that electric fork-lifts are dirt-cheap because
the battery and charger replacement is very expensive.

What are the odds that you could convert an electric
fork-lift into a "corded" model?  (Like you remove the
battery and have it plug directly into the wall?  That
way you would not need to charge it and it would just
stay plugged in.

Maybe just 3 car batteries (to get to 36 volts) and a car charger?

Anyone had any more info on this?

BTW, I'm still researching the crushed tire flooring.
With the layoffs that have happened, I have 3 PhDs
from Dupont that are looking into options!  (Sometimes
a bad economy can be a good thing!)

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.