Longshot, 1980s-era Sears Garage Door opener

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Longshot, 1980s-era Sears Garage Door opener
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:40:34 -0400
   Does anyone have a 1980s era Sears Garage Door Opener?

   Fake wood grain finish?

   Anyways, does anyone have the Infra Red Sensor option installed and
working?

   I have this opener, and it doesn't have the IR sensor. I am trying to
add the IR sensor which I got from the local Sears parts store, and it
seems to behave properly in every way except for actually affecting the
garage door opener going up and down.

   The LEDs on the sensor are on, and go on and off when the beam is
broken, but... the door just does it's own thing.

   I'm curious if I hooked it up wrong, documentation isn't part of the
package sadly.

   Anyone?

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.