Re: Another hare brained idea

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Another hare brained idea
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 06:05:50 -0400
Amperage is your problem with a battery charger.  The voltage
requirements are a bit of a problem as well.  Most forklifts operate at
48 volts or so.  You can do that with a few car batteries, but not your
average battery charger.  The amperage draws are in the hundreds in use,
which far exceeds battery chargers, power packs and the like.

Rubber from used tires as floor tiles is nothing new.  The industry has
been around for many years and is well established.  This is far
different then attempting to melt down tires and pour molten rubber on
the floors.  I do not know of a way to melt tires.  Combusting tires
without extreme control devices results in a messy black cloud with
noxious fumes.  The liquid that comes off of tire combustion is
petroleum, and does not solidify at room temperature.  Not saying you
can't come up with a way to make this work, just that I am unaware of
any method.