RE: Another hare brained idea

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Another hare brained idea
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:12:51 -0700
> What are the odds that you could convert an electric
> fork-lift into a "corded" model?  (Like you remove the
> battery and have it plug directly into the wall?  That
> way you would not need to charge it and it would just
> stay plugged in.
>
> Maybe just 3 car batteries (to get to 36 volts) and a car charger?

Sounds reasonable to me, depending on how much you use it.  Or, you could
probably convert an old DC stick welder into an adequate power supply.
Since you won't be driving the fork lift, you won't need as much power as it
used originally.

> BTW, I'm still researching the crushed tire flooring.

I picked up a flyer yesterday from a company near me that makes sidewalk
'tiles' from old tires :
"Rubbersidewalks are high-density paving tiles made with recycled California
tire crumbed rubber combined with polyurethane binder and colorant, then
molded with heat under compression."

There are some links on their website to other uses for old tires.
http://www.rubbersidewalks.com/

Randall