RE: Framing nailers, HF or other

To: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Framing nailers, HF or other
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:01:32 -0700
I bought one of the HF Framing Nailers for a project I was working on.
It worked well.  It is sensitive to the air pressure - not enough, and
it doesn't drive the nail all the way, and too much and the nail goes in
too far - don't know if this can be adjusted, but I just practiced on a
scrap of wood until I got it right.

I've gotten "double nails", but this happens if I don't hold the nail
gun firmly to the wood, or the wood is free to move.  Over all, it
was/is a good bargain.  Maybe not up to professional work, but it's done
what I needed.

Tim Mullen