Re: Paint sprayers for latex paint

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint sprayers for latex paint
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:13:02 -0600
I just did my interior a few months ago...I first started off trying to
spray my doors... took 4 off... put nails in the ends so I could move ...
turn them... lugged them outside, masked the hardware.... put plastic up on
the garage and painted... (oil base enamel) then waited so I could turn them
.... turned them painted again.... waited for them to dry...   rehung them

I found out really quickly I could paint them in place with a brush quicker,
easier and with less mess/cleanup... took me about 20 minutes to paint a 6
panel door on both sides with two sheets of newspaper sized plastic to clean
up and a little masking tape around the hardware.... much...much easier and
faster... if I was really careful, I didn't even have to change clothes :-)

with 17 doors to paint.... the travel time alone would have killed me   and
my back working alone

john