Radial arm saws

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Radial arm saws
From: Dave C <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:28:34 -0800
I'm going to get a new radial arm saw soon.  The last one I had was a 30
year old Wards POS that I don't miss at all.  I've narrowed my choices down
to the Rigid Tool saw, which is made by Emerson Electric (who has also made
them for Sears) and the Delta 10".  I can get the Rigid locally at Home
Depot for about $550 plus tax, or the Delta mail order for about $710
including shipping.  If the Delta is vastly superior I don't have any
problem paying the extra money, but if the Rigid is nearly as good, I don't
want to pay too much, either.  Anyone want to wade into this one?

BTW this won't be my only saw; most of my work is done on my 10" Grizzly
cabinet saw; I just like having a radial arm saw handy for cross cutting
long stock and making dadoes for shelves, etc.

Thanks
Dave C